Tuesday

PILLS PILLS PILLS


I am curious about a lot of questions that can't be answered accurately enough to be satisfying facts.

The acutely personal are most interesting - for example how much money have I hoovered up by accident, how many texts have I sent to my dad, precisely how many vodka tonics I have consumed, emails written, nail polishes bought (too many)? Unanswerable and no doubt only interesting to me.
left A Cautionary Tale, 2007, right Cradle to Grave, 2003 [Image Pharmacopoeia]


However, the Pharmacopoeia collective come close to answering how many prescription pills we consume. Cradle to Grave is the lifetime consumption of prescription drugs by average Brits stitched into mesh while  A Cautionary Tale compares the annual drug intake of two middle aged men - an obese driver and a frequent cyclist.

As well as being educational pills also make some beautiful textiles.

Chanel pill dress SS07
  
Pill Scarf on sale to accompany the current Damien Hirst exhibition at Tate Modern


Not so keen on the Jeremy Scott x Longchamp pill-print bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment