Monday

RA RA RASPUTIN

Apparently Rasputin means "dissolute". It upsets me that the most villainous haemophilia-curing nun-raping cyanide-immune Siberian is so badly underplayed in his disney incarnation. In "Anastasia" he's essentially a Russian Jafar.


If you're interested there's a really good book about him by Edvard Radzinsky with an amazing section about the "Khlysty", potentially the best religious cult ever. They believed that only after a man had sinned greatly could he be truly repentant and pleasing to God. That basically means nihilism in the name of God, fun times.

TUESDAY, 2 DECEMBER 2008












I have been re-reading the blog I co-wrote with Josie for a couple of years and this is one of my favourites posts. I think its high time I got back into Rasputin.

No comments:

Post a Comment